As we gear up for the upcoming NFL season, what better time is there to explore the parallels between the game of American football and the world of notarization? Just as football relies on strategy, precision, and teamwork to secure a touchdown, Remote Online Notarization (RON) and eSignature (eSign) play pivotal roles in ensuring the legality and authenticity of documents. In this article, we’ll tackle some of these connections, offering you a comprehensive analysis of how RON and eSign mirror the tactics of America’s most-popular sport.
The RON Playbook
Remote Online Notarization (RON) is like the quarterback of the notarization process, directing the play from start to finish. Just as a quarterback reads the defense, calls audibles, and throws the perfect pass, RON orchestrates the notarization of documents from a distance.
Huddle Up: Initiating the RON Process
In football, the huddle is where the team comes together to discuss the upcoming play. Similarly, in RON, the notary, the signer, and the technology platform huddle up electronically to kickstart the process. This is where documents are prepared, and the game plan is set.
Snap and Pass: Identity Verification
Just as a quarterback receives the snap and passes the ball to a receiver, RON involves the notary verifying the signer’s identity through a secure video call. This ensures that the right signer is on the document and ready to participate in the notarization.
Avoiding the Blitz: Security Measures
The blitz is a defensive tactic where extra players rush the quarterback to disrupt the play. RON employs robust security measures to protect against potential threats. Encryption, authentication, and tamper-evident technology act as a strong offensive line, ensuring the notarization process remains secure.
End Zone Celebration: Completing an Online Notarization
Reaching the end zone is a moment of celebration, and with RON, it’s the completion of the notarization. At this point, the notary affixes their electronic seal and signature to the document, and your document is legally notarized- you’ve reached the end zone.
Read more: Traditional Notarization Vs. Remote Online Notarization (RON)
Completing the Perfect Pass with eSign
In football, the perfect pass connects the quarterback’s vision with the receiver’s skill. Similarly, eSignature (eSign) bridges the gap between parties involved in a document transaction. Let’s delve into the eSign playbook.
Formation and Route: Setting Up the Document
In football, players line up in a formation, and routes are designed to move the ball downfield effectively. In eSign, the document is set up, and signers are assigned their roles and responsibilities. The document’s route is defined, ensuring that it reaches all the necessary parties seamlessly.
The Pass and Catch: eSigning
A well-thrown pass finds its target, and an eSign request reaches the intended signer’s inbox. Just as a receiver catches the ball, the signer electronically signs the document. This ensures that the document moves forward in the play without delays, just like a successful pass advances the team downfield.
Touchdown: Completion and Authentication
Reaching the end zone in football calls for celebration. Similarly, after all parties have affixed their eSignatures to the document, it’s time to celebrate because you’ve reached the end zone of your document transaction. The completed document is authenticated, and it is now legally binding. Thankfully, scoring points with eSignature is a lot easier than football.
Read more: How Electronic Signatures Help Your Business
The Post-Game Analysis: RON and eSign Advantages
After a football game, coaches and players analyze the performance to identify strengths and weaknesses. Likewise, we can analyze the advantages of RON and eSign in the document notarization game.
1. Efficiency and Speed
RON and eSign are like a hurry-up offense in football, speeding up the notarization and document signing processes. No more waiting for paper documents to print and traveling to an in-person appointment; it’s a fast-paced game.
2. Security and Compliance
Just as a strong defense wins games in football, RON and eSign provide robust security and compliance features, ensuring that your documents are protected and legally sound.
RON and eSign enable signers to participate from anywhere, just as football fans can watch games from the comfort of their homes. This accessibility makes notarization and signing convenient.
4. Round-the-Clock Availability
Football games are often scheduled at different times to accommodate fans in various time zones. Likewise, RON and eSign provide round-the-clock availability. Signers can participate in the process at their convenience, whether it’s during regular business hours or late at night. This flexibility ensures that notarization doesn’t have to disrupt busy schedules.
5. Cost Savings
Like managing a team’s salary cap, RON and eSign can help businesses save on costs associated with traditional notarization and paper documentation.
- Reducing Travel Costs: Football teams travel for away games, incurring expenses for transportation, accommodation, and meals. Similarly, traditional notarization can involve significant travel for notaries and signers to meet in person. Online notarization eliminates the need for physical presence, saving on travel expenses for all parties involved. This can be especially advantageous for businesses with a widespread client base or multiple locations.
- Eliminating Printing and Shipping Expenses: Just as football teams spend on uniforms, equipment, and gear, businesses using traditional notarization and paper documentation must bear the costs of printing, copying, and shipping physical documents. With eSign, documents are signed electronically, reducing, or even eliminating these expenses. This is akin to a football team finding cost-effective ways to maintain and replace equipment.
- Minimizing Storage Costs: Teams need to manage their equipment inventory efficiently to avoid additional storage costs. Similarly, businesses that rely on paper documents often face storage challenges. Physical document storage requires space, security, and ongoing management. By embracing eSign and online notarization, organizations can reduce the need for physical storage and associated costs.
- Enhancing Resource Allocation: Managing a football team’s salary cap involves allocating resources effectively to ensure a balanced and competitive roster. Similarly, businesses can optimize their resources by adopting RON and eSign. Instead of allocating personnel and physical resources to handle notarization and paperwork, these resources can be redirected to more strategic and revenue-generating tasks, improving overall efficiency and profitability.
- Mitigating Risk and Legal Costs: In football, managing player injuries and ensuring they receive proper medical attention is essential to minimize long-term costs. Similarly, legal disputes arising from errors or disputes in notarization can lead to significant legal costs and liabilities for businesses. RON and eSign offer enhanced accuracy, audit trails, and compliance measures, reducing the risk of legal disputes and the associated costs.
- Streamlining Workflow Efficiency: A football team’s success relies on streamlined and efficient game plans. Likewise, RON and eSign streamline the document workflow process. They reduce delays and bottlenecks that can occur with traditional notarization and paper-based documentation, ensuring a faster and more efficient process from start to finish.
Explore additional benefits of our online notarization and eSignature solution.
eNotaryLog’s Winning Strategy
Whether you’re on the gridiron or in the office, a winning strategy is key to success. RON and eSign are game-changing tactics that provide efficiency, security, and accessibility. Incorporating these practices into your document management playbook can help you score big in the legal game of documents. So, huddle up, call the perfect play, and start gaining yards with RON and eSign – because in the world of documents, it’s all about the win.
Visit our features and pricing page to learn more and get started today!