As social distancing and digital processes become more normal, it’s important to understand just how eClosing and utilizing a remote online notary can be for real estate agents in today’s world. In the past, real estate agents have often been held up during the notarization process because of the need to wait for an in-person notary to sign their important closing documents and finalize a sale for new homeowners.
With digital processes and systems on the rise, eClosings with RON have become more and more popular. In today’s blog post from eNotaryLog, we’ll walk you through exactly what an eClosing is and how it works. Keep reading to learn more, and get in touch with us to get started with RON today.
What is an eClosing?
An eClosing is the process of finalizing a mortgage or real estate transaction — the buying or selling of a home — completely electronically. Any or all of the documents can be uploaded onto our secure platform at eNotaryLog before being viewed and signed online. We ensure that every step of the process is safe and secure for you and your client’s protection. With eNotaryLog, you can have peace of mind knowing that your eClosing will go smoothly, allowing you to improve and streamline your processes and build your clientele.
Remote Online Notarization for eClosing
Up until the shut down of many businesses due to COVID-19, many closing processes were notarized and completed in-person. In fact, RON was only available in states where a RON bill had been passed. However, governors across many states decided to allow RON when county clerk offices shut down during the pandemic.
Using a RON allows you to not only get the notarization you need for closing your real estate transactions, but our eNotaryLog platform safely and securely stores your important documents and information so that you can keep it all in one place. The basic steps of eClosing with an eNL notary include:
- Receipt of the closing package and date. Once you have your closing documents in-hand, you can upload them to our platform and meet with an eNL notary for a final review and sign.
- Identity Verification. Your state notary will need to confirm your identity before signing your eClosing documents.
- Connect with a state notary. Once your identity has been confirmed and your documents have been uploaded, your notary will witness your signature and assist you through the rest of the notarization process.
- Securely save and store your documents.
What Do I Need?
As you prepare for your RON eClosing, it’s important to make sure that you have all of your documents ready and that your computer or laptop is connected to high-speed internet. Typically, a RON will require two forms of valid photo identification during your ID verification process. Here are a few things to remember before you meet remotely:
- High-Speed Internet Access with Video Access
- 2 Forms of Valid Photo Identification:
- US Driver’s License
- US Passport
- Certificate of Neutralization
- Green Card / Permanent Resident Card
- US State Issued Photo ID
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Military ID
- A Witness
For some states, the state notary will be the witness to the signing of your documents via video communication. However, some states require that you have a witness present in the room with you while you complete your eClosing documents. If you have any questions about what you may need for your eClosing, please don’t hesitate to contact us at eNotaryLog today!
Benefits of eClosing with a Remote Online Notary
If the convenience of not having to make an appointment with an in-person notary for closing your mortgage or real estate transactions isn’t enough to sway your decision to work with a RON instead, we have a few more benefits for you to consider:
- More time to review documents. When you choose to notarize your documents with a RON, you’ll receive your closing package ahead of time — giving you ample time to review and read through it.
- Faster closing process. eSigning your closing documents can happen in as little as 30 minutes. Where traditional closing processes can take up to an hour, if not more.
- Fewer missed errors. At eNotaryLog, our signing platform ensures that every signature block on every page has been signed. No need to worry if you missed something.
- Safe and secure. Did we mention that our platform is safe and secure, so you can easily store your closing documents before and after they’ve been signed?
- Focus on your clients and build your business. When you partner with eNotaryLog for your RON needs, you can spend more time helping your clients and building your business and less time waiting around for your in-person notary appointment.
Choose eNotaryLog for Your Next RON eClosing
Working with a state notary for your eClosing process has never been easier than with our secure platform at eNotaryLog. We are proud to work with real estate professionals across the country who are in need of faster, more streamlined closing processes, and who want to spend more time talking to potential clients and less time finalizing their closing paperwork. Get in touch with us at eNotaryLog today to learn more about how our platform can work for you.